Wee Blessings Preschool is an independently-operated Christian preschool that is housed in the lower level of First Reformed Church’s Central Avenue Campus.
The mission of Wee Blessings is to embrace each child as a unique and precious creation from God. We commit to provide an environment that displays the love of Jesus Christ to every individual. Wee Blessings provides preschool-aged children with a child-centered environment that encourages learning through creativity, movement, singing, discussion, observation, reading, and playful experiences. Our desire is to guide children as they grow in their knowledge of our Lord and Savior, while establishing a solid foundation that cultivates a lifelong love of learning.
Wee Blessings Preschool will accept three, four and five year old children.
- For the Pre-Kindergarten class, the child must have turned four by September 15.
- For the Three-year old class, the child must have turned three by September 15 and they must be completely toilet trained.
- The child must be in good health and pass a physical examination by a medical doctor or health care provider within 6 months prior to the start of preschool. The family dentist’s name must be listed on the medical consent form but a dental exam is not necessary prior to preschool entrance. The State requires that these forms be on file at the preschool on the first day of school. If paperwork is not turned in the child may be asked to stay home until all paperwork is at the preschool.
- The child must be current with required immunizations. The Iowa state law requires the immunization form be completed, signed by health care providers and parents, and on file at the preschool by the first day of class.
Each year a parent informational meeting is held in early spring. For the 2017-2018 school year the Parent Information night is Monday, February 13 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. This meeting gives families the opportunity the learn more about Wee Blessings as well as meet the staff.
Families are accepted on a first come, first served basis and pre-registration is offered to our currently enrolled families. Registration for the 2017-2018 school year will be Tuesday, February 21 at 8:00am. An intake form along with the registration fee of $30.00 and 1/2 month’s non-refundable tuition payment is due at the time of registration. The registration fee is refundable if written request to withdraw the child is received by July 1. After July 1 registration is assumed to be for the entire year. An early exit fee equal to one month’s tuition will be charged if a child is withdrawn during the school year except for conditions of extended illness or family relocation.
- Tuition for students attending the 3-year-olds class (2 sessions per week) is $95.00 a month.
- Tuition for students attending the 4-year-olds class (3 sessions per week) is $120.00 a month.
- Tuition payments are due on the first session of each month. If payment is not received by the 10th of the month a $5.00 late fee will be added to the month’s tuition. If payment is not received by the end of the month, arrangements will be made with a board member for securing payment. Parents assume the obligation to pay on this schedule or will inform the board treasurer if this becomes impossible. Tuition is required regardless of absenteeism. This is a non-profit organization.
Schedule and Class Size
The Wee Blessings Preschool operates from 8:30am to 11:00am for the 4 year-old class, Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Sherry Lang is the teacher. The 3 year-olds meet Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30am to 11:00am. Morgan Swier is the teacher. The school year runs from September through mid-May. Afternoon classes, 12:30 to 3:00, will be offered if enrollment is large enough. Class size for 3 year-olds is 12 students and 16 students for 4 year-olds.
How Can You Support Wee Blessings?
- We accept donations! Money or school supplies always welcome.
- Pizza Ranch Wagons – collect them from your pizza & chicken orders. Turn them in at the preschool.
- Lindsay Aalbers, Executive Administrator:
- Amanda Haverdink, Board President: