First Reformed Church has a long and storied history of missional efforts in God’s world. The legacy of this faithful work continues today through the energies of FRC’s Missions and Outreach team.
The Missions and Outreach team helps to create opportunities for the FRC family to minister to people who are not presently members of our congregation. The list below points out some of these ministries – some are local, others are regional or international. These projects aim to meet both physical and spiritual needs.
- The Bountiful Table works to distribute groceries to community members in need.
- Our Welcoming Committee endeavors to meet and encourage new residents of Orange City and the surrounding area.
- Various Short-Term Mission Projects to places like Mexico, New York City, and the Rosebud Indian Reservation are intended to share our God-given resources and skills with people in different ministry contexts.
- Marketing Campaigns make use of fliers, posters, and expo opportunities to raise awareness regarding FRC and its mission in the world.
- The team’s College Ministries aim to reach the vibrant community of students who reside in Orange City through care packages, weekly breakfast buffets, and campus-affiliated work projects.
- Long term oversight of FRC’s Gifts, Passions, and Skills (GPS) database ensures that those with a heart to serve are placed in the right settings to exercise their abilities for God’s glory.
If you have a desire to help others – or if you have suggestions that can enhance the work already taking place – you are encouraged to visit with one of the pastors or with team Chairperson Ken Oldenkamp about playing a role on this team!